External Lean Resources
Lean in Higher Education Websites
- California State University at Sacramento, Administration and Business Affairs (ABA)
- In 2012 in collaboration with the Chancellor's Office of Quality Initiatives, the ABA bgan hosting Lean/Process Improvement workshops, enabling managers and staff to participate in hands-on improvement exercises.
- University of Washington, Finance and Facilities
- Launched in January 2010, Finance and Facilites began using Lean as a comprehesive approach to build a shared culture, improve core processes and transition to a new and sustainable business model.
- A Factory of One: Applying Lean Principles to Banish Waste and Improve Your Personal Performance, by Daniel Markovitz. How you can foster a mindset and improve your performance by applying Lean methods to your work.
- Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversations, by David Mann. Critical insights and approaches to make any Lean transformation an ongoing success.
- Educational Lean for Higher Education: Theory and Practice. by Theresa Waterbury. Written specifically for the educational environment, Waterbury provides a practical guide for the application of Lean in the academic world.
- Lean in Higher Education, by William K. Balzar. Balzar presents a unifying framework for implementing and sustaining a Lean Higher Education (LHE) transformation at any institution.
Additional Lean Tools
- Miami University. Leadership of Lean Processes: Tools for Change, Changing the Culture, by Kerri Dabbs, MS, SPHR and Becky Dysart, MS, SPHR. A high-level Lean overview presentation.
- The California State University Quality Initiatives. Introduction to Lean Principles, by Alexis Naiknimbalkar. Understanding the 8 Areas of Waste, performing a Waste Walk and the 5s Organization System.