Lean springs from two concepts:
Respect for people
Lean is a term for an approach to continuously improving workplace activity. The core idea of Lean is to maximize customer value while minimizing waste, create more value for customers with fewer resources.
8 Types of Waste in a Process
An organization's system consists of people, structures, and processes that work together and influence the whole. In Lean thinking, keep in mind that all activites should revolve around value, a Lean organization:
- Defines value as seen by the customer/market place.
- Maps and identifies the process activities that deliver the value and remove waste.
- Ensures the flow is smooth, effective and efficient in the process.
- Designs system based on customer needs and orders.
- Institutionalizes a culture of continuous improvement