Education and Outreach
Career Navigation Series
Is your workplace experiencing great transition? Do you know how to leverage your talent, competencies and transferable skills for opportunities in your current job or a new position? Do you want to be more enthusiastic about your work? The UC Davis Career Navigation Series may be just what you need now. Enroll in any or all of the course offerings in the series to navigate and maximize your career success. The series includes:
- Career Management Academy
- Telling Your Story
- Job Search—UC Davis and Beyond
- Resume Clinic
- Interview Clinic
- Experience UC Davis
Visit http://www.hr.ucdavis.edu/sdps/catalog/career-management to view course descriptions, dates times and locations. Then enroll on-line at http://lms.ucdavis.edu (UCD Login required). Once you are logged in, click on the Career Management category in the catalog that appears on your homepage, or use the Search field to search for each course by name. Please contact Staff Development and Professional Services at (530) 752-1766 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need enrollment assistance.
Managing Staff through Transition
During times of constant change, it is vital for managers and supervisors to understand how their employees experience change and develop methods to support them through it. Managing Staff Through Transition is a highly interactive course, designed specifically to help managers and supervisors develop tools and strategies to address the human aspects of change.
The course is facilitated by Karen Hull, associate vice chancellor for Human Resources, and Lisa Terry, director of organizational development and communications for the Shared Services Implementation Team.
Topics include how to:
- Lead individuals through strategic change initiatives
- Recognize the way employees respond to change
- Develop coaching skills needed to help employees deal with constant change and loss
Class dates and times TBD.
Brown Bag Meetings
No brown bag meetings are scheduled for the summer 2012. Look for new Organizational Excellence brown bags this fall. We'll see you then!
- Brown Bag (April 2012)
- Brown Bag (March 2012)
- Brown Bag (February 2012)
- Brown Bag (December 2011)
- Finance Forum (December 2011)
- HR Forum (December 2011)
- Payroll Forum (December 2011)
- IT Current State Assessment (November 2011)
- Brown Bag (October 2011)
- Town Hall (September 2011)
- Brown Bag (August 2011)
- Brown Bag (July 2011)
- Brown Bag (June 2011)
- Brown Bag (April 2011)
- Brown Bag (March 2011)
- Town Hall Meeting (October 2010)
- All Staff Forum (August 2010)
- Open forum on Shared Service Centers (June 2010)
- Open forum for faculty, department chairs and MSOs (June 2010)
- Organizational Excellence Initiative overview (December 2009)
September 8, 2011 Town Hall Meeting - The webcast of the Town Hall meeting hosted by Chancellor Katehi, Vice Chancellor John Meyer and Associate Vice Chancellor Karen Hull can be viewed at the links below.
October 11, 2010 Town Hall Meeting - The webcast of the Town Hall meeting hosted by Chancellor Katehi, Vice Chancellor John Meyer and Associate Vice Chancellor Karen Hull can be viewed at the links below.
August 16, 2010 Staff Forum - Webcast of staff forum hosted by Karen Hull and Lisa Terry can be viewed at the links below.