My Degree (Degree Works) is an online advising tool that allows both students and advisers to track students’ progress towards completing a degree, as well as plan future terms and certify a student’s degree at the time of graduation.
All participants must have completed FERPA training within the last two years to take this course; if you do not have a valid FERPA training, you will not be able to access the system during the training and will be asked to leave to protect the integrity of student data.
This training is intended for staff and faculty in an advising role who plan on using My Degree to advise students, input exceptions for degree requirements, and certify the completion of degrees. Attendees are expected to leave training with an understanding of:
- How to navigate My Degree;
- The differences between the various types of audits;
- Creating five different types of exceptions in a test environment;
- How to use the “What If” function to project a student to different major, minor, and catalog combinations;
- The functions of Plans, the academic planner and template system, within My Degree.
Completion of this training will allow an adviser to request exception making privileges within the system; advisers who do not complete this training will be restricted to an access level that allows them to use all other features except for exceptions.
Date | Time | Location