- Community Survival Strategies for Active Shooter Incident
- This workshop presents strategies to increase the likelihood of surviving an active shooter incident. The presentation covers the three steps for increasing your chances of surviving an active shooter: • Run • Hide • Fight (Last Resort) Scenarios and concepts presented in the program include demonstrations for attacking an attacker and taking away a handgun. Other topics covered include: • The will to survive • Identifying police department capabilities • Weapon identification for community members
- Ergonomics Essentials for Computer Users
- This training and interactive self-evaluation help you improve your work environment, the way your work, and how you organize your workflow. This office ergonomics training program is for all new and existing UC-Davis Campus staff and faculty who use a computer onsite, remotely, or on-the-go.
- Safety Leadership for Supervisors
- Introduction to safety leadership, accountability, hazard assessments, training, inspections, injuries, hazardous materials and equipment, and resources for supervisors. Topics include: Who is a supervisor?, Safety Culture, Roles and responsibilities, Legal Liability requirements, Performance management, Hazard identification, Risk assessment, Control measures, Effectiveness checks, Training types and records, Safety Communications, Inspection checklists and corrective actions, agency inspections, Injury prevention, Injury response, Injury Investigations (including root cause analysis), Guidelines / Authorizations / Permits, written documents and other helpful tools. This course covers relevant UC Policy on Management of HSE, Cal/OSHA regulations (Reference: 8 CCR 340, 3203, 3341, 3380), and both federal and state laws.
- Workplace Violence Prevention in Healthcare
- The purpose of the course is to reinforce University of California's commitment to preventing violence in the workplace and to provide information to staff, faculty, and student employees on the policies and reporting options in place to create a safe environment for the UC Medical Centers. Topics Include: - Defining Workplace Violence - Four Types of Workplace Violence - Understanding Basic Strategies - Recognizing Elements of Workplace Violence Prevention Program - How to Report Violent Incidents - Where to Get Help
Safe Driver Training
- Safe Driver Awareness
- This course, sponsored by Fleet Services, is open to staff, faculty and students who drive on university business. It meets the current requirements from Cal/OSHA for the Injury Illness Prevention Program and proposed Federal OSHA regulations requiring training for employees who drive on official university business in university or personal vehicles. This course covers alcohol and driving, seat belts, driver attitude and defensive driving. Approximatly 18 minutes.
- Safe Driver: Alternative Fuels
- On-line UC Davis Safe Driver Awareness course with information about alternative fuels and sustainable driving techniques.
- Safe Driver: Commercial Driver Training
- Commercial Driver Training: This e-learning module is provided by the UC Davis Fleet Services department for drivers of University vehicles. This module highlights university policies and procedures for drivers of commercial vehicles. Approximately 19 minutes long.
- Safe Driver: Driver-Supervisor Training
- This e-learning module is provided by the UC Davis Fleet Services department for drivers of University vehicles. This module highlights University policies and procedures for drivers of University vehicles, focusing on the role of driver supervisors.
- Safe Driver: Introduction to Fleet Services
- This e-learning module is provided by the UC Davis Fleet Services department for drivers of University vehicles. This module highlights policies and procedures governing use of University vehicles, focusing specifically on the logistics of checking out a car from Fleet Services.
- Safe Driver: Trailer Safety
- This e-learning module is provided by the UC Davis Fleet Services department. This module focuses on safe trailer hook up and towing.
- Safe Driver: Van Operation
- This e-learning module is provided by the UC Davis Fleet Services department and is open to the public. This module highlights Van Operation safety. Approximatly 16.5 minutes.
- Safe Driver: Winter Driving Safety
- On-line UC Davis Driver Safety Course. How to drive safety in all weather conditions. Approximately 14 minutes.
- UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education, Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety comprises two areas of study: health and safety programs, and emergency management, particularly in the area of hazardous substances.
Browse by Subject Area
- UC Davis Safety Services
Safety Services envision an incident-free campus where students and employees alike are educated and equipped to work safely. With support from campus safety professionals, they are empowered to take responsibility for safety at work, at home and in their communities.
Browse by Class Title