Workplace Flexibility is a crucial driver of employee well-being and performance.
At UC Davis, it is managed through Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA). They help to reduce turnover, lower absenteeism and increase job satisfaction. FWA promotes diversity and inclusion, cross-training, and have a positive impact on workplace culture, morale and employee recruitment, engagement and retention. Read "Benefits of Flex Work"
Flexible Work Arrangement Options:
- Compressed Workweek: an arrangement which condenses one or more standard workweeks into fewer, longer days. The most common types of compressed workweek are:
- 4/10 schedule (four 10-hour days per week)
- 9/80 schedule (80 hours in a two-week period worked over nine days instead of ten)
- Flextime: an arrangement that allows an employee to alter the starting and/or end time of their workday, or the days they work each week. Employees still work the same number of scheduled hours as they would under a traditional schedule. Flextime does not reduce the total number of hours worked in a given week, just rearranges those hours.
- Remote (& Hybrid-remote) Work: an arrangement in which an employee regularly performs work at a remote worksite (such as home, library or business center) for a specified portion of the workweek.
2021 Workplace Reimagined Page
The Campus Workplace Reimagined page is where you will find the most up-to-date information on the emerging policies, guidelines, procedures, documents and allowances of Flexible Work Arrangements in this post-COVID transition.
The WorkLife page is currently more of a repository of resources to help you plan and optimize your Flex Work experience. This WorkLife Flex Work Page is updated to reflect the evolving campus changes but not in real-time.