Welcome to UC Davis Health! At the New Employee Welcome, we introduce you to our organization, provide opportunity to meet fellow new employees, and share tools and resources to aid in your success.
The New Employee Welcome (NEW) is a mandatory training event for all new employees to be taken within 30 days of hire.
Your employment onboarding materials will include details about your welcome event date, information on location and parking, as well as what to bring. If you have not been provided with this information, please contact the UC Davis Health Learning and Development unit or your HR Recruitment Coordinator.
Topics presented include:
- History & Mission
- Parking & Transportation
- Campus Culture & Values
- UC Voluntary Retirement Savings
- Employee Discounts & Resources
- Campus & Community Engagement
- Union Welcome (scheduled separately for represented employees only)
|9 a.m. – 11 a.m.||
Virtual New Employee Welcome Orientation
New Employee Resources:
The below links are just a few of the wonderful resources shared during the New Employee Welcome orientation.
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Giving
- Employee Resource Groups
- UC Living Fit Forever
- Green Commuting
- Retirement & Savings
- Learning & Development
New Employee Benefits Orientation (Career Employees):
This session is designed for all employees newly-eligible for benefits and/or retirement to learn about the programs available and how to enroll during their 31-day period of initial eligibility.
New employees must also complete the following online mandated trainings within the first 30 days of employment:
- Mandatory Annual Training
- Privacy & Security Training
- UC Cyber Security Awareness
- UC Ethical Values & Conduct
- UC Davis Health General Compliance Training
- UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention for Non-Supervisors
- Workplace Violence Prevention in Healthcare
All new Supervisors and Managers will need to complete the following within 18 months of employment: