Pay for Performance (P4P) recognizes and rewards non-represented employees through a merit based salary program.
>> Read more
Using the structure of an annual performance review, the goal is to reward higher performance with higher pay. The philosophy behind this merit based salary program is to attract and retain the best employees and this holds true whether you work on the campus in Davis or in Sacramento.
The annual employee performance appraisal is completed in ePerformance, the performance management module of UCPath.
Guiding Principles of Pay for Performance:
- Within each school, college or division, an individual or group of individuals at the leadership level takes responsibility for coordinating and communicating the calibration and merit distribution process
- Supervisors and managers within that school, college or division are directly engaged/involved with the calibration process
- Supervisors and managers are informed about the merit application process outcomes prior to communication with individual employees
Distribution of Merit (pending authorization by the President):
- No across-the-board distribution. There is differentiation in the application of merit dollars
- The only factor considered in the application or distribution of merit funds is annual performance (e.g. equity and/or placement in the range/market are not considered)
- Application of dollars/merit is consistent across performance ratings
- Supervisors are informed about the merit application process outcomes prior to communication with individual employees