Survey Structure and Questions:
- 27 total questions
- 25 are required and ask for sentiment on 1-5 scale
Full List of Questions:
Required Questions (on 1-5 scale, with opportunity for open-ended comments):
- How happy are you working at UC Davis?
- I would recommend UC Davis as a great place to work.
- I feel a sense of belonging at UC Davis.
- Regardless of background, everyone at UC Davis has an equal opportunity to succeed.
- UC Davis has a great culture.
- Overall, I am satisfied with how decisions are made in my department/work unit.
- I have confidence in the campus leadership team (e.g., Chancellor, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, Vice Provosts and Deans).
- There is a good flow of communication between leadership, departments, and teams.
- Departments/work units at UC Davis collaborate effectively to get things done.
- I would recommend my direct supervisor/manager to others.
- My direct supervisor/manager provides me with feedback that helps me improve my performance.
- I feel satisfied with the recognition or praise I receive for my work.
- My ideas are considered when decisions are made in my department/work unit.
- I feel free to speak my mind without fear of negative consequences.
15. I have good career opportunities at UC Davis.
16. I have good opportunities to learn and grow at UC Davis.
17. The work that I do at UC Davis is meaningful to me.
18. My role is an excellent fit with my strengths.
19. I have the resources I need to do my job well (e.g., tools, technology, support).
20. I am able to successfully balance my work and personal life.
21. I believe meaningful action will be taken as a result of this survey.
22. I am satisfied with the flexibility (e.g., flexible schedule, hybrid/remote work) provided by my department/work unit.
23. I rarely think about looking for a job outside of UC Davis.
24. Top Needs: What is most critical as you consider your top needs right now? (Select up to two):
- Healthcare and health-related information
- Child or family care
- Sense of belonging and connection
- Remote work resources
- Safety and cleanliness at work
- Up-to-date information
- Job security
- Managing workload
- Being treated with respect
- Other (please specify in comments)
- At work, I feel cared about as a person.
- What should we start or stop doing to improve the staff experience?
- What should we start or stop doing to support diversity and inclusion?
People Science Behind the Survey:
- A Modern Approach to Measuring Engagement (PDF)
It's a lengthy read, but explains the reasons why this survey is so brief (hint: long surveys don't produce a good user experience) and why this survey produces reliable, actionable data.
- Propelling Action through Conversations (PDF)
Taking action after the survey is critical and this guide can supervisors address issues and make positive incremental changes.