This series is for department contacts and other administrators who work with international scholars.
The goal of this series is to familiarize staff at both Davis and Sacramento with basic immigration rules, regulations, forms, policies, and procedures involved in hosting and/or employing international (non-immigrant) scholars.
Those who wish to earn an International Scholars Services Certificate will need to complete the five required classes, plus a sixth class from the electives listed below:
- Hiring International Scholars Using the J-1 Visa, Part 1
- Hiring International Scholars Using the J-1 Visa, Part 2
- Hiring International Scholars Using the H-1B Visa, Part 1
- Hiring International Scholars Using the H-1B Visa, Part 2
- Intercultural Communication and Competence
- Culturally Inclusive Language
- Conducting Culturally Inclusive Trainings
- Foundations for Understanding International Students
- Intercultural Recruitment and Selection
- International Student Advising
- Obtaining Permanent Residence for International Scholars
Services for International Students and Scholars
Contact: Simone Kueltz, firstname.lastname@example.org